Delays, cancellations and disruptions on Southern rail services are harming people's lives. And commuters are having to pay ££££ for services which are consistently late, overcrowded and infrequent.
It's not right that passengers have had to deal with a 15% decrease in services, while fares remain sky-high. It's not right that a new timetable was agreed between Southern and the Government, without any passenger involvement. We need Government action to get a better deal for Southern passengers.
#SouthernFail, Fair Fares Now and the nascent Association of British Commuters have come together to organise this action. One week before next year's fare rises are announced, we will march to the Department for Transport and present Paul Maynard, the new rail minister, with three asks:
- LISTEN to passengers. Alongside a senior manager from Southern and a Union official, attend a Passenger Assembly we will organise, and answer our questions directly!
- FREEZE FARES for Southern customers - from January for one year
- COMPENSATION for Southern customers to make up for 15% decrease in services
The action needs you! Join us - the more of us there are, the stronger our message to Government that it's not acceptable to continue charging passengers high fares for unreliable, late and packed trains - not on Southern and not on any rail line.
- Sign up to the event on Facebook
- Or email us to tell us you're coming: email@example.com If you've got a story to tell about how Southern has affected you, whether through the fares, your health, worklife or family life - let us know, we're keen to ensure those stories are heard.
- Or simply turn up at Victoria Station on Wednesday 10 August at 5:30pm and look out for the banners!