Interests: Bus, Rail
East Suffolk Travellers Association is the independent, voluntary body which provides a voice for train and bus users in the eastern part of Suffolk.
It covers Ipswich, Woodbridge, Saxmundham, Framlingham, Leiston, Aldeburgh, Halesworth, Southwold, Beccles, Bungay, Lowestoft and the surrounding villages. ESTA has a separate branch for Felixstowe.
- ESTA takes up passengers' concerns with train and bus operators and local authorities and maintains contact with the Rail Passenger Committee
- ESTA is more than a consumer organisation. It also has a vision of a public transport system that is easy and attractive to use and can play an increased role in moving local people and visitors around the area. ESTA therefore promotes the train and bus services to make people more aware of them
- ESTA campaigns for an hourly service on the Ispwich to Lowestoft line and two trains an hour on the Lowestoft to Norwich line
- ESTA presses for good connections at Ipswich and Norwich, not only for travellers to London but also for those heading to Cambridge, Peterborough and beyond
- ESTA wants to see local buses integrated with trains wherever possible and particularly those buses serving towns that are not on the railway, with through ticketing
- ESTA would like to see additional through services between the East Suffolk Line and London, and believes there is a case for some trains for Cambridge, Peterborough and Stansted to Lowestoft
- ESTA encourages businesses at or near stations and regeneration projects around stations
- ESTA supports measures to make stations safer and user-friendly, including good parking facilities for cycles and cars