- We are not currently advertising any jobs.
Our equality policy
Campaign for Better Transport is committed to eliminating discrimination and encouraging diversity amongst our workforce. Our aim is that our workforce will be truly representative of all sections of society and each employee feels respected and able to give of their best.
To that end the purpose of this policy is to provide equality and fairness for all in our employment and not to discriminate because of age, disability, gender reassignment, marriage and civil partnership, pregnancy and maternity, race, ethnic origin, colour, nationality, national origin, religion or belief, sex and sexual orientation. We oppose all forms of unlawful and unfair discrimination.
All employees, whether part-time, full-time or temporary, will be treated fairly and with respect. Selection for employment, promotion, training or any other benefit will be on the basis of aptitude and ability. All employees will be helped and encouraged to develop their full potential and the talents and resources of the workforce will be fully utilised to maximise the efficiency of the organisation.
We commit to:
- Creating an environment in which individual differences and the contributions of all our staff and volunteers are recognised and valued.
- Recognising that every employee and volunteer is entitled to a working environment that promotes dignity and respect to all. No form of intimidation, bullying or harassment will be tolerated, and we have a clear bullying and harassment policy
- Ensuring that training, development and progression opportunities are available to all staff
- Reviewing all our employment practices and procedures to ensure fairness
- Ensuring that breaches of our equality policy will be regarded as misconduct and could lead to disciplinary proceedings
- Ensuring that all literature and publicity materials produced by the organisation uses non-discriminatory language and reflects the diversity of our society
- Ensuring that events we host are accessible to all
- Ensuring this policy will be monitored and reviewed annually by trustees.
This policy is fully supported by senior management and trustees.
All job applicants are asked to complete an equality monitoring form, and these will be evaluated at the end of the recruitment process to see how diverse the applicant pool is and whether action should be taken. A copy of this policy will be given to all applicants and posted on our website.