We are seeking a part-time Bookkeeper / Office Manager to provide administrative support to the Chief Executive and the Finance Manager.
Part-time Bookkeeper/ Office Manager
London, Greater London
£26,000 - £28,000 per year pro rata, depending on experience
Permanent, part time, 21 hours (three days) a week
Since 1972, Campaign for Better Transport has led calls for improvements to the country’s transport networks, campaigning for transport which is greener, more affordable and easier to use. Our vision is for all communities to have access to high quality, sustainable transport that meets their needs, improves quality of life and protects the environment.
Campaign for Better Transport is now looking to expand our small, home-based team of five staff and two freelancers with this important administrative role. In this dual role as the charity's Bookkeeper and Office Manager, you will work to increase the charity’s operational effectiveness. You will be highly organised with excellent finance and accounting skills and the ability to juggle conflicting priorities. You will need to take a collaborative approach to the role, with the ability to build positive relationships with people at every level. You will be efficient and flexible, with a calm and friendly manner for this front of house role.
- Credit card reconciliations
- Bank reconciliations
- Cash book analysis
- Credit control
- Purchase ledger control
- Petty cash analysis
- Sales ledger control
- Supplier payments
- Act as the first point of contact for the CEO for both internal and external business matters, liaising with senior external contacts as required
- Organise online events
- Assist in board relations, including scheduling, document preparation and meeting logistics
- Coordinate staff meetings, take minutes and disseminate meeting notes.
- Bookkeeping experience
- Excellent attention to detail and at least two years’ relevant experience working in a similar role
- Excellent verbal and written communication skills
- Self-motivated and organised, able to prioritise workloads in order to meet deadlines
- Confidentiality, accuracy, and attention to detail
- Excellent IT knowledge and skills, particularly MS Office and Excel
- Conversant with small accounting packages.
Currently all Campaign for Better Transport staff are home based. As COVID restrictions lift, this role will continue to offer flexibility in respect of hours and home working, but the postholder will be expected to work one-day-a-week in the organisation's base in central London when finalised.
The role is advertised as part time and your hours can be flexible on given days. You will be a main point of contact across our small team reporting initially to the CEO and freelance Finance Manager
Please apply with current CV and covering letter to firstname.lastname@example.org explaining your suitability for the role.
Applications will be considered as they come in and the post may be filled before the closing date of 10 June 2021.