Area: Cheshire, Greater Manchester
The Partnership was formed in 2003 to promote and develop the rail network in Cheshire for the benefit of local residents, businesses and visitors through a partnership approach, along the Chester – Northwich – Knutsford – Altrincham – Stockport – Manchester line.
Our vision is:
"An effective busy train service, linking Chester and Manchester through its intermediate stations, that encourages people to live in, work in and visit Mid Cheshire destinations."
Our mission is:
"To work creatively with partners along the Mid Cheshire Line to achieve the priorities of the Partnership and maximise income and investment into the Line and its communities."
Our objectives are:
1. To work with key partners to improve Mid Cheshire line services and deliver partnership objectives
2. To promote and market the line:
- Encouraging residents to use the MCL
- Encouraging tourism partners to promote the line
- Encouraging visitors to use the line
- Encouraging schools to think train and use the train
3. To improve stations on the line
4. To improve levels of community involvement on the line
The Partnership achieves these objectives through delivery of an action plan, working creatively with partners, stakeholders and volunteers along the Mid Cheshire Line.