9 September 2019
Responding to the Confederation of Passenger Transport's strategy published today, 9 September, Darren Shirley, Chief Executive of Campaign for Better Transport, said:
"We welcome the industry's commitment to transforming the role of buses. Operators and Government now need to work together to deliver for passengers, communities and the economy and to cut carbon emissions."
In a report published last week, The future of the bus, Campaign for Better Transport called for a National Bus Strategy with a focus on:
- Increasing the use of bus services across the country
- Better integration of buses with other transport
- A clear route to zero emission buses
- Growth in use of technology to improve services.
For further information please contact the press office on 020 3746 2235 or email@example.com
Notes to Editors
- Read Campaign for Better Transport's report on The future of the bus.
- Campaign for Better Transport operates in England and Wales. We campaign to bring sustainable transport to all and ensure solutions are delivered that improve the wellbeing of communities, quality of life and the environment. Campaign for Better Transport Charitable Trust is a registered charity (1101929).