Area: Cambridgeshire, Norfolk
Peterborough-Ely-Norwich Rail Users works constructively with opinion-formers, official bodies and the rail industry to deliver our vision of:
- Reliable, clean and comfortable trains with high levels of customer service
- Accurate real time information for passengers at all times
- Welcoming stations, where facilities meet or exceed all Government targets for their size, approached by attractive, secure cycling, walking and wheelchair routes
- Fares, parking and management structures to develop our services
- Full hourly service seven days a week between Birmingham and Stansted Airport, Cambridge and Norwich, Liverpool and Norwich
October 2011: Our October newsletter lists our demands in response to a suggestion in the McNulty review of railway value for money that many booking offices could eventually close. It includes our comments on Fenland's draft rail development strategy. Alan thanks the industry for a special train stop while Jim experiences Cambridge to Ely overcrowding. Contact the group for a copy.
April 2011: Our April newsletter reveals what we said about the Thetford Area Action Plan, the Wymondham Station Bistro and Norfolk's Local Transport Plan. A season-ticket holder tells about a week when March was in crisis, Steve reports on developments at Ely and Mark visits Manea. Contact the group for a copy.