Rail for Herefordshire campaigns for better rail services in Herefordshire and easy interchange to other sustainable modes of transport.
Our aims are:
- Improved line capacity between Hereford and Malvern to enable more trains to run with increased reliability
- Later evening trains and earlier Sunday trains to and from Birmingham (although the second of these aims was achieved when Sunday morning services to Birmingham re-started in December 2012 after a wait of over 40 years)
- Improvements to Hereford Station forecourt and surroundings to facilitate onward travel by bus, cycle, walking or taxi
- Improved connections at Hereford Station with regular bus services to major towns
- Passenger lifts at Hereford (currently, February 2014, under construction)
- A rail link to Rotherwas
- Better connections at Newport
Regular meetings are held in Hereford and other Herefordshire towns. Contact us for details.