Area: Cheshire, Lancashire, Merseyside
Interests: Bus, Cycling, Rail, Traffic
Transition Town West Kirby seeks to explore how we can respond positively to rising fuel and food prices and climate change by building community resilience – leading to stronger neighbourhoods, better local economy, more fulfilling lifestyles etc, as well as being able to withstand external shocks such as energy shortages.
At some of our events, we have asked people in our local community what they feel should be done. Here are some of the contributions relating to transport.
- More cycle routes which are more convenient
- Tax cars more, specifically 4x4s
- Improvements to public transport, so that people choose to use it
- Invest in the country's transport infrastructure
- Use the car less
- Get on your bike
- Organise car-sharing from West Kirby
- Lift sharing to share lifts for children
- A community car club like that already in use in some areas
Public meetings are held at least once a month at the URC Church Hall, Meols Drive, West Kirby.